Did you forget your phone charger again? It has happened to the best of us. I once thought the hotel would provide everything, but ended up having to spend extra cash on buying shaving cream that I could’ve packed from home. We are forgetful, especially when it comes to personal grooming. Otherwise, what’s the point of bringing that gown or suit with you in the suitcase? Grooming doesn’t end in clothing and shoes; it’s much more than that if you want to look good for an evening out.
List of grooming items we always forget to pack
- Your toothbrush: Although most hotels give complimentary brushes and you might even get it on the plane, it might as well be unusable. The brushes are so small that they can’t properly clean your teeth. People don’t give toothbrushes credit, but the point of travelling is to smile and enjoy yourself, not be constantly embarrassed about food stuck in your teeth. Have you heard of the Oral-B 5000 smart electric braun toothbrush? It not only gives you an effortless deep clean, but also helps whiten your teeth and prevent gum disease. It’s truly ground-breaking smart technology, has 5 modes for 5 types of oral problems, and a timer that tells you when it’s time to change regions of the mouth. Next time, consider taking the Oral B 5000 electric toothbrush and some toothpaste with you so you can have a stress free vacation. For more information, go to http://www.oralb.com/products/pro-5000-electric-toothbrush-with-smartguide-bluetooth/print.aspx
- Moisturizer and sunscreen: No matter the weather, you need to moisturize and preferably with one that has lots of SPF. The higher the SPF the more protection you have from the sun. Although some hotels provide moisturizers, I rarely use them as my skin is very sensitive and dry. Moreover, if you have celiac disease, then you need to pack gluten free moisturizers.
- Facial cleanser and hand sanitizer: As I have mentioned before, because I have sensitive skin, I can’t use hotel bathroom accessories. So if you are like me, then bring along your face wash and or body wash with you. I like my sweet smelling liquid body wash and cannot get a thorough clean with that little bar of soap they give in hotels. Bring a pack of makeup removing wipes too. Hand sanitizers are a must and take them wherever you go because depending on where you sit down to eat, a water source may not be available for you to wash your hand.
- Shavers, after shave, and shaving creams for men: Bring your electric shavers and shaving creams, men! The hotel rarely provides these equipment, so if you want to look polished for your evening out with the lady, then these are the first things you should pack.
- First aid kit: Your medications are also a large part of your personal care. Don’t forget to include band aids and ointments in case of an emergency.
- Makeup and deodorant:I don’t have to explain the importance of these do I? Make sure you seal these items properly, as otherwise, the TSA might throw them out.