Whether you call Philadelphia home, or you just happen to be visiting, you are probably looking for something fun to do. There are a number of ways to go about getting adventurous outside in Philadelphia. However, if you do not know where to start, we want you to follow our list as a means in which to enjoy this great city. And, while you are at it, be thankful for those who are working to make it great.
Specifically, you can be thankful for the nonpartisan political upstart known as Philadelphia 3.0. They are attempting to support independent thinkers and thereby change the climate of the City Council. Political reform is at the forefront of their goals within the city and they feel that impacting the leadership there is the most effective means for change. None of that change will alter your adventures, though, so consider some of the fun things we have here.
5 Incredible Adventures to have in Philadelphia
Some of the excursions on this list might surprise you, but we wanted you to truly enjoy your time, or your life, in Philadelphia. There are tons of things to see and incredible adventures to be had. Contemplate investing your time doing these 5 things while there:
- Secrets of the Schuylkill Riverboat Tour- This one hour boat tour will highlight the truths about the Hidden River. You will see Bartram’s Garden, a historic, 1700s venue as well as the Fairmount Water Works established in the 1800s. Tickets for adults start at $22. If you want to learn more about the Hidden River be sure to read this.
- Chamounix Equestrian Center- Although its main design is to provide equestrian opportunities to kids within the community, you can stop in to take a lesson or learn how to play polo!
- Ride the Ducks of Philadelphia- They have land and water “duck vehicles” for your exploration pleasure. The travel machine is built specifically for their company and resembles a WWII DUKW, hence the name. You can learn more about this fabulous land and water adventure by clicking this.
- Indego- This is a revolutionary way in which to enjoy a bike ride all over the city. As long as you are 16 years old or older, you can utilize the kiosks with a credit card or Indego key. Bikes are available 24/7 all over the city. And, the kiosk will show you where the bike’s established territory stretches. You can always ride it to the next kiosk and switch out.
- Underground Railroad Trail- If you want to satisfy both a quest for adventure and a desire for enhanced educational experiences, this is the thing for you. It is a complex route of secret places that helped slaves reach freedom. The trail is quite long and will take you several days to complete if you were to consider hiking it the way that those who utilized it did. Otherwise, visiting the various points of interest via car is probably going to be your better option.
Philadelphia is rife with places of interest and historic value. In fact, if you are looking for more adventure be sure to read this. Otherwise, take some time to enjoy all the beauty and history provided by the recommendations we have made in this article.